- What’s your endgame?
- Will that provide the return of capital that you need to retire comfortably?
- What’s your timeline?
- Can you achieve your goals within this timeline?
- If you would like to speed things up (scale rapidly), how can this be done?
- How can you maximize value when it comes time to sell?
- How can you increase profitability along the way?
- What about work/life balance and dealing with the stress of growing and running a business?
These are just a few examples of the initial questions we typically discuss with clients to help them create a realistic vision of where they want to take their business and why.
More specific topics that are typically dealt with over time include:
- Ownership structure
- Owner and staff roles
- Sales growth
- Sales team structure
- Hiring challenges
- Compensation ratios and formula’s
- Margin Growth
- Overhead cost ratio’s
- Management techniques and documents
- Business plan review and/or development
- Exit strategy